Tuesday 22 March 2011

30 Day Song Challenge: Day 5 - A Song That Reminds You of Someone

Prince 
Uptown

There are many songs that remind me of certain people for individual reasons, however I guess this song reminds me of a 'collective of people' rather than some 'one' person.

I had the pleasure of seeing Mr Nelson during his epic residency at the London O2 Arena a few years back with a large and motley bunch of Welsh gits, as part of an extended weekend amidst a friend's birthday bash and other miscellaneous tomfoolery.

He didn't actually play this, but when I think of Prince it's either this or Controversy, which he DID play. HOWEVER, when I saw Mr Oizo, he didn't play Controversy sandwiched between Flat Beat and JT's Sexy Back, did he?

No, he played Uptown. Why? Because it's killer-sick that's why.

I'm riffing now, so I'll get back to the point;

Great weekend.
Great people.
Great song.

Simples.

No comments:

Post a Comment