Tuesday 12 April 2011

30 Day Song Challenge: Day 24 - A Song That You Want To Play At Your Funeral

The Sea & The Rhythm
Iron & Wine

Is there a more beautiful song than this?

No, I think not.

A perfect blend of lo-fi production techniques presented so elegantly and brimming with passion and emotion. The song itself is a seductive little gem, softly sung about two lovers completely alone from the world at peace with themselves by the sea... gittin' it on.

As for why I'd want this song played at my funeral? Well let me tell you my first choice, "Die Die Die My Darling" by The Misfits would have been hilarious if I didn't already have a semi-decent sense of humour. "The Sea & The Rhythm" will be more fitting seeing as I will be having a Viking funeral.

Yep. That's right, I am going to be buried in my 70ft Gokstad and cast off into the night sea in a magnitude of flaming glory. On the beach, it would be selfish to make my loved ones fork out money to hire a PA and a power generator just to play one Misfits song, hence why Mr Ian Enwine will be playing it himself, or at least some Mariachi band doing their own Latino interpretation of the song.

I'm going to keep this one short, as life, death and mortality are all epic topics that I feel very strongly about and which also frightens my brain back into it's mousehole. This isn't the 30 Day Existentialist Challenge after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment