Monday 18 April 2011

30 Day Song Challenge: Day 30 - Your Favourite Song This Time Last Year

Sleepwalk Capsules
At The Drive-In

This is easy. As soon as the sun comes out, my iPod basically goes on autopilot and worms it's way onto this album. "Relationship of Command" is now 10 years old and it's still incredible. The most awe-inspiring blend of pop sensibilities fueled by intense fist-through-a-wall energy I've probably ever heard, and for me this song "Sleepwalk Capsules" is the apex of the album in that sense.

It was either this album or Death From Above 1979's "You're A Woman, I'm A Man" as the main contenders for my top-drawer albums, but the DFA1979 is younger so I have to award it to ATD-I for their time served as my favourite song this time last year, the year before that, and the year before that...

This marks the end of the 30 Day Song Challenge. WHAT THE HELL AM I GOING TO WRITE ABOUT NOW?

No comments:

Post a Comment